Saturday, July 12, 2014

The Treasure Trove of Happy Moments

I had promised Arnav(My son) that I will take him out over the weekend...

The weekend dawned on me at 5:30 and I hit the running track, after a 15 KM run, I knew the day was still young and off course very long

We hit the road, Me belted in the front seat and Arnav next to me, heading towards Innovative film city...The city of Every Kid and Adult's Imagination.... All good things never come easy so was this trip...We had almost reached our Destination when my son decided to test his dad's ability to handle crisis....He Puked all over himself and I realized that there was no way I could clean him up and take him to the Innovative film city..

Arnav wanted to go home too..But I knew it will be a big let down for the little kid, who is been talking about this to me for more than a week

For Once, I didn't get angry or frustrated, I decided to drive down to the nearest village to find him some clothes, so drove 10kms to Bidadi and Carrying Arnav ( already dressed down to his vest and brief :D) to the nearest Dress store
We got a funny look from the shop keeper but I was in no mood to explain, Got him some good clothes dressed him up and he was ready to rock and Roll and we drove back....45 mins lost, but we still were staring into a beautiful pleasant afternoon

As we entered the Filmcity, or fun city you can call it, I could see the excitement zoom up in Arnav and he took off from the entrance.

We tried our hand at Archery, Shooting and all the fun things, but what was to come was a surprise element

THE TRAMPOLIN-Bungee Jump..Arnav stopped and he was awed by the length of the Bungee cables and how he could let himself loose, I was a little worried not sure how it will all play out, but once he was strapped up, the world was at his feet.. .Like a trained Gymnast he was soaring high and dropping low....His mind focussing on the movements of the Cables, he occasionally would look at him and throw the Victorious smile :)

While Arnav effortlessly tamed the bungee Trampolin beast..not once.  But thrice..I eased him into a perfect horse ride... I don't recollect when I rode a horse but with Arnav saddled with me...It was a blissful ride for 10 mins....It seemed that the Horse was in perfect harmony with Arnav's excitement...First horse ride for Arnav was a memorable one

As we passed the Tribal museum uninterested and couple of other attractions, the next stop was the Carousel...

In the carousel on two white horses we sat...for me it was a long forgotten memory.  For him it was a never ending beautiful present.. The horses went round and round, high and low, Arnav at one point told me he was taller than me....I smiled at him....Deep inside me I realized the day is not very far off when he will outgrow me in height, but the untold anxiety that every parent nurtures for 15-20 years that his/her kid will outgrow his/her love never ceases

I tried my hand at the Mini golf course and that left Arnav wondering why the ball is so small. He didn't like me treating the ball so well, He wanted me to hit it as hard as I can :)....

The haunted house left him in a monkey clutch around my neck...I was gingerly taking every step waiting for the next whacky thing took jump out at us...The 15 mins in the haunted house was a scary experience for Arnav

For once I saw Dinosaurs in real life thro my son's excited expressions. as we walked through the Dino Arena 

The Mirror Maze was like a crossword puzzle to me, hardly got it right. We would have been stuck long enough if arnav..had not fond us a way out

We rewarded ourselves with hand licking ice creams :) and cruised through Bangalore highway traffic with ease to get home

At the end of the day, when I look back, seeing Arnav soar to a height of 30 feet on the trampolin left a smile on my face...it was Indeed a sense of fulfillment and now a repetitive desire for him

No comments: